Monday, September 14, 2009

The Lost Symbol a novel by Dan Brown

We have received a few calls and comments about the new Dan Brown novel, The Lost Symbol. As no advance copies were to have been released, today on September 14th, I am like most of the rest of the world, I have not read the book yet. But having read all of Dan Brown's other novels, I plan on reading this one at my first opportunity. But even after I have a chance to read the latest work, I will not really be in a position to speak for the Minnesota Masonic Fraternity about the book or about Freemasonry in general because our chief spokesperson is always the Grand Master of Masons in Minnesota. Our current Grand Master is Most Worshipful Brother Thomas G. McCarthy and I am sure that he will have some comments on the book and Freemasonry in the coming days and weeks. Be sure to watch the Grand Lodge of Minnesota website for any official response to the book and in the meantime, if the new book is as entertaining as his past books, just enjoy the book.
Doug